Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Choke on this

Current book of choice: Choke. Author: Chuck Palahniuk. You might have heard of him. In any case, these different issues continue to arise in this book, but they keep being swept under the rug thanks to Chuck's simple and flighty way of writing. It's time to take a stand people. Let's discuss what this man is saying. Although his every sentence sounds bizarre (Example: telling a woman he rapped her dog to allow her to forgive someone. See also: purposely choking on food to allow an unknown hero to save you), they might actually have meaning.

Q: Does it make sense to ruin the future to preserve the present? This could have been over-looked by nonsense-babble, but luckily, this blog exists. Come on, think about it. This topic is ;alksjdf;alskjfHUGE. Allow me to drop a word bomb: social security. Is it right to snatch money from youngsters just so the nice elderly people can have security in social form, when obviously that is one bank account which will not be alive for long? Should I pay Grandad a percent of my salary to help him survive? He's old. What's he going to do with it? Where I'm standing, no one is going to pay for me when I'm "of age." Double sided tape: if I were that Grandad, I'd want my share of the bargain. Again - does it make sense to ruin the future just to preserve the present.

A: Oh, definitely. No day but today, right? (Musical reference: 1 point.) But seriously (and I know I'm being a little dramatic here), but what if the world actually ended tomorrow. Aside from the extreme regret on my part, the world would have to live with the fact that they pushed aside actual living people to worry about something that does not exist, and now that the world is over, it will never exist. So, play on, old people. I will happily give you part of my pay check. I take that back. I won't be happy about it, but I'll understand why it's being done.

Here's to you, senior citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment